April 2016 –Present
Associate at Meshari Al Osaimi Law Firm
- Participating in multijurisdictional, complex litigation matters.
- Providing clients with legal consultations and advice.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts.
September — December, 2016
- Attempted to reconcile similarities / differences between both common law and civil law systems, with particular emphasis on companies law and commerce.
- Observed the evolution of a wide array of cases in domestic courts and tribunals.
- Attended expert hearings concerning financial disputes and assisted in explaining financial concepts.
Kings & Spalding, New York office
Summer Intern – Middle East & Islamic Finance Practice Group.
- Assisted in preparing documents for capitalization of different entities for real estate developments acquisitions by international clients.
- Drafted clauses to deal transactions. Assisted in preparing equity issuance schedules and note purchase agreements for different SPVs.
- Researched latest developments on Islamic finance in US courts. Researched available remedies under implied covenant of good faith and fair dealings in alternative entities.
MIAX Options Exchange
- Prepared an SEC filing for a proposed rule change to amend one of the Exchange’s rules.
- Sat in on various committee meetings including: regulatory oversight, legal and products development.
- Participated in preparation of legal update presentation to MIAX board meeting on the Flashboys controversy, high frequency trading and the potential legal effects on MIAX.
- Witnessed corporate governance in practice at MIAX board and other executive meetings.
National Union of Kuwaiti Students (NUKS) – Branch USA/ Alwihda Student Party
Vice-President of Union
- Participated in implementing electoral mandate of campaign-winning program.
- Oversaw administrative board, committees’ activities to align Union’s functions with responsibility of managing over 4000 Kuwaiti Students studying in the US.
- Solicited, with other NUKS Execs, $2.2 million for annual budget (then record).
- Negotiated raising students’ financial salaries and subsidies.
- Spoke in seminars and forums; carried out media interviews. Met with the Head of State, Prime Minster, and cabinet Ministers of Kuwaiti government.
Head of Alwihda Social and Recreational Committee,
Member of Alwihda Coordinating Body and Council
- Oversaw operations of social activities and events in all parts of the United States.
- Contributed to 2010-11 “Alwihda Vision” – proposals and initiatives for 2011 elections.
- Contributed to key decisions regarding Alwihda political positions in that given year.
License of Law, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Master of Administration and Finance, Cairo University, Egypt
Diploma of Public Administration, International Institute of Public Administration, Paris, France
Certification of Investment Negotiation Center, Georgetown University, International Law Institute, Washington D.C., USA
Certificate of Achievement of participation in a technical cooperation program in the field of private Enterprise, Agency for International Development, Cairo, Egypt
Certificate of Procurement Contracts Negotiation Center, Georgetown University, International Law Institute, Washington D.C., USA